Hi All Stouffville Pickleball Players
Opening of the Stouffville Pickleball Courts as of Wednesday May 20, 2020 .
We have talked to the Town and this is what they have decided to make playing Pickleball as safe as possible during these trying times.
All 8 courts will be open as of Wednesday May 20, 2020. Singles only play. (Skinny Singles where you can only play on the west portion of the court, leaving at least 10 feet between you and the person playing in the court beside you) This means a maximum of 16 players on the court for the first 1 hour and 16 different players on for the second 1 hours and if we have enough players a different 16 play for the 3rd hour.
Players must be a member of Stouffville Pickleball Players and a member of Ontario Pickleball. Starting today we have a new waiver (See attached) for all members to sign (includes Covid-19 or any other virus in the description). If you have already sent in an application could you please fill in the new one and send it in. We currently have 60 applications for the 2020 season.
During our day time sessions there will be three 1 hour drop in sessions. Monday to Saturday 10:00 to 11:00 and 11:00 to 12:00 and 12:00 to 1:00, Sunday 2:00 to 3:00 and 3:00 to 4:00 and 4:00 to 5:00 , Monday and Wednesday evenings will be one session from 6:30 to 7:30 and 7:30 to 8:30 . It will be first come first served. Arrive only 10 minutes before your session. If you are the 17th person to arrive you can sign in as the 1st person in the next session. If there is a free court at the end of your session you can stay and play for another hour.
When you arrive stand your paddles up along the south fence with competitive players near the east gate and social players west of the competitive players. If you know someone you would like to play with put you paddles close to each other but not touching .
Pickleball Courts will be open to the public from 8:30 AM to 8:30 PM if you want to set up a net and have your own game, singles play still applies. Must be a member of the Stouffville Pickleball Players to use the nets and equipment.
To make you as safe as possible please follow the suggestions below
- If you feel uncomfortable about playing pickleball and catching the Covid-19 virus, do not play.
- Disinfect balls before and after use. (There is a spray Bleach/Water Solution in the Storage area.)
- There are two baskets for balls. One marked Clean Balls and one marked Balls Disinfecting
- Take a Clean ball and disinfect it with Bleach solution (Solution should be on the ball for 5 minutes). When finished playing spray ball and put in the bin marked Balls Disinfecting
- Wear a mask or bandanna entering the court and consider wearing it while playing (Bring your own)
- Bring your own chair if you want to sit and have a rest between games.
- Keep all equipment including chair out side of the court. Keep all valuables at home or in your car.
- Nets should be set up by person or persons with gloves on.(Bring your own). Even garden gloves could be used but make sure to turn them inside out when removing them and wash them or disinfect them when you get home.
- Players must sign in in the sign up book to be kept in the storage locker, Bring you own pen
- 1 person at a time in storage area
Signing up for the Club: See application attached, Signing up for Pickleball Ontario see directions below.
See below for more important information about the club.
The combination to get into the storage area is 2373 and the lock code is START. These Codes will be changed at the end of May and the new code will only be given to players that have joined the Stouffville Pickleball Players
Hi All Stouffville Pickleball Players
Our web site address is www.stouffville-pb-players.ca
Welcome to another great summer of playing Pickleball with the Stouffville Pickleball Players.
The Stouffville Pickleball Players are committed to the best Pickleball play and an excellent member service. To this end, Stouffville Pickleball Players has aligned with Pickleball Ontario (PO). Every member of the Stouffville Pickleball Players now must become a member of Pickleball Ontario to participate in any events we organize.
The key benefit with Pickleball Ontario is the insurance. The Stouffville Pickleball Players has decided that it cannot function any longer without insurance. Pickleball Ontario partners with Pickleball Canada. Stouffville Pickleball Players will be provided with insurance for their Board Directors, Officers, pickleball instructors and individual injury insurance for all pickleball participants that belong to the club. The cost to join Pickleball Ontario is $15.00. If you are already a member of Pickleball Ontario you do not have to pay the additional fee. When signing up with POA indicate on your application that you are a member of the Stouffville Pickleball Players. Record the PO number as you will need to put it on your Stouffville Pickleball Players application. See attachment for other benefits in joining the PA
To sign up as a Pickleball Ontario member
- Go to pickleballontario.org
- Access membership tab
- Click on new member sign up
- Each member must have a unique email address. Your name and email address are your credentials to Pickleball Ontario and Pickleball Canada
- Under club, please identify Stouffville Pickleball Players
- Advance to payment
– Pickleball Ontario uses paypal as a bill payment service only. Simply use your credit card. Pickleball Ontario will ask if you approve the paypal Terms & Conditions, say “yes” this allows a charge to your credit card
One month in advance of your renewal, the system will send out a notice. All you need to do is click on the link, approve the waiver and pay the invoice
Update your profile
- Go onto home page of Pickleball Ontario Association (pickleballontario.org)
- Click on members area
- Click on update my profile
- Key in your user id and password
- You will see your profile
- Click on view profile/edit profile
- Make changes or add information
Membership Fee: $20.00 membership fee remains the same as last year and it gets you on the e-mail list, it helps pay for balls, nets and food for socials and any other equipment the Stouffville Pickleball Players need to function during the summer months. $35.00 in total, $20.00 membership fee plus $15.00 for registration with the PO. Still a great value
It is now time to send in your application!
Complete the attached 2020 Stouffville Pickleball Players application and make an e-transfer to email@example.com. If providing funds by e-transfer you must also send a signed application (application can be signed , scanned and sent electronically) to the same e-mail address above. Or send a check and your application to Dennis Carter at 71 Babe’s Way, Stouffville, Ontario, L4A 0K3
We start playing on Saturday May 2nd at 10:00 (weather permitting) at the Courts on the Ninth Line.
Time of play:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday – 10:00 to 1:00
Sunday: 2:00 to 5:00 PM
Monday and Wednesday Evenings – 6:30 – 9:30 PM
King of the Courts for advanced players will be on Fridays 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM all 8 courts on hold
Queen of the Courts will be for intermediate women players on Thursdays 10:00 – 12:00, 4 – 6 courts, draw card first week then the results of the previous week will determine where players start the following week. on hold
Monday Night Ladder: Temporary on Hold
- First Session time will be 6:30 to 7:45.
- Second Round will start at 7:45 and run until 9:15 if required.
If you sign up you must be available for both start times.
If you are not currently on the Ladder list and would like to play contact Dennis Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you purchase draw tickets
Send an e-transfer to Dennis Carter at email@example.com or send a check to
71 Babe’s Way,
Ontario, L4A 0K3
$10.00 gets one draw ticket
$50.00 gets 6 draw tickets
$100.00 gets 13 draw tickets.
Thanks for your support
Socials and Dates for 2020
|Saturday, May 23rd||Opening Day Celebration – Waffle Breakfast – Fruit – Syrup – Whipped Cream Cancelled|
|Wednesday, June 3rd||Soup Social – Best Soup Wins $50, Second $30 and Third Place $20, Bring your own cup – Cancelled|
|Thursday June 18th||Ice Cream Sundae Social –Fruit and Ice Cream provided|
|Saturday, July 4th||Canada Day Birthday – Sandwiches and Strawberry Shortcake – Wear Red and White|
|Friday, July 24th||Stouffville Pickleball Players Annual Summer Theme Dinner and Party
Location Ballantrae Golf and Country Club., Cost $25.00, Must sign up on Whoozin
|Wednesday, August 12th||Pizza Social|
|Saturday, August 29th||Members Tournament, Cost $10.00, Format to be determined|
|Wednesday, September 9th||Dessert or Appetizers Social , members and club contribution|
|Saturday, September 12th||Rain Date for Members Tournament|
|Saturday, September 26th||End of Year BBQ – Burgers, Sausages and Hot dogs|
We are going “Green”. In our fall survey the members decide they would like to be more environmentally friendly, thus we will phasing in the use of one time plates and cutlery. At socials we are asking the members to bring their own plates and cutlery. There will be some plates available for those that forget.
See you on the courts.