New web site https://pickleballstouffville.ca
Hi All Stouffville Pickleball Players
We have 90 members so far this year. Playing Skinny Singles is more fun than I thought, but I can only play 15 minutes then I have to take a break.
If you are planning to play with the Stouffville Pickleball Players you must do the following.
Complete a application form and send it with the registration fee. Fill out and pay for a membership with Pickleball Ontario.
When you get to the courts these are your responsibilities:.
1) Sign in in the “Sign in Book” so we can keep track of the players that attended each day.
2) Set up the net. Preferred that you use gloves and remove them by turning them inside out when discarding them so you will not contaminate anyone else. If you are using your bare hands disinfect them using soap and water or hand sanitizer.
3) Take a “Clean Ball” out of the clean ball bin and play the Skinny Singles play with one other player. When you have finished playing with that player or want to play with another partner put the ball in the “Disinfection Balls” Bin (White Bin). Spray the ball with the “Bleach/Water” solution then drop the ball in “Drying Bin” (Green Bin) to dry. The Bleach/Water solution should be on the ball approx. 5 minutes. See Attached “Disinfecting Table” or Picture below
4) If you are going to play with another players take a “Clean Ball” and repeated step # 3
5) In between games and when you are finished playing wash your hands with soap and water or use the hand sanitizer
6) Stay healthy and try to keep the players around you healthy.
7) The players below have offered to help set up the disinfecting table but if there is not a volunteer available it is your responsibility to set up the table and follow the. If you would like to volunteer please e-mail me.
Members In Charge of Setting up the Disinfecting Table
|Day of the Week||Time||Member in Charge||Member in Charge|
|Monday||10:00 to 1:00||Annitte Viscomi|
|Monday (evening)||6:30 to 8:30||Susan Shearstone||Michelle Farwell|
|Tuesday||10:00 to 1:00||Peter Sennett||Hanna Rossitter
|Wednesday||10:00 to 1:00||Marv Wainberg|
|Wednesday (evening)||6:30 to 8:30||Sue Shearstone||Dorice Ross|
|Thursday||10:00 to 1:00||Irene Anderson||Richard Waite|
|Friday||10:00 to 1:00|
|Saturday||10:00 to 1:00||Roy Wilson||Graham Leney|
|Sunday||2:00 to 5:00|
Hi All Stouffville Pickleball Players
Our web site address is https://pickleballstouffville.ca
Welcome to another great summer of playing Pickleball with the Stouffville Pickleball Players.
The Stouffville Pickleball Players are committed to the best Pickleball play and an excellent member service. To this end, Stouffville Pickleball Players has aligned with Pickleball Ontario (PO). Every member of the Stouffville Pickleball Players now must become a member of Pickleball Ontario to participate in any events we organize.
The key benefit with Pickleball Ontario is the insurance. The Stouffville Pickleball Players has decided that it cannot function any longer without insurance. Pickleball Ontario partners with Pickleball Canada. Stouffville Pickleball Players will be provided with insurance for their Board Directors, Officers, pickleball instructors and individual injury insurance for all pickleball participants that belong to the club. The cost to join Pickleball Ontario is $15.00. If you are already a member of Pickleball Ontario you do not have to pay the additional fee. When signing up with POA indicate on your application that you are a member of the Stouffville Pickleball Players. Record the PO number as you will need to put it on your Stouffville Pickleball Players application. See attachment for other benefits in joining the PA
To sign up as a Pickleball Ontario member
- Go to pickleballontario.org
- Access membership tab
- Click on new member sign up
- Each member must have a unique email address. Your name and email address are your credentials to Pickleball Ontario and Pickleball Canada
- Under club, please identify Stouffville Pickleball Players
- Advance to payment
– Pickleball Ontario uses paypal as a bill payment service only. Simply use your credit card. Pickleball Ontario will ask if you approve the paypal Terms & Conditions, say “yes” this allows a charge to your credit card
One month in advance of your renewal, the system will send out a notice. All you need to do is click on the link, approve the waiver and pay the invoice
Update your profile
- Go onto home page of Pickleball Ontario Association (pickleballontario.org)
- Click on members area
- Click on update my profile
- Key in your user id and password
- You will see your profile
- Click on view profile/edit profile
- Make changes or add information
Membership Fee: $20.00 membership fee remains the same as last year and it gets you on the e-mail list, it helps pay for balls, nets and food for socials and any other equipment the Stouffville Pickleball Players need to function during the summer months. $35.00 in total, $20.00 membership fee plus $15.00 for registration with the PO. Still a great value
It is now time to send in your application!
Complete the attached 2020 Stouffville Pickleball Players application and make an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. If providing funds by e-transfer you must also send a signed application (application can be signed , scanned and sent electronically) to the same e-mail address above. Or send a check and your application to Dennis Carter at 71 Babe’s Way, Stouffville, Ontario, L4A 0K3
We start playing on Saturday May 2nd at 10:00 (weather permitting) at the Courts on the Ninth Line.
Address of Pickleball Courts: 12483 Ninth Line, about 4 blocks north of Main Street in Stouffville
Time of play:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday – 10:00 to 1:00
Sunday: 2:00 to 5:00 PM
Monday and Wednesday Evenings – 6:30 – 9:30 PM
King of the Courts for advanced players will be on Fridays 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM all 8 courts on hold
Queen of the Courts will be for intermediate women players on Thursdays 10:00 – 12:00, 4 – 6 courts, draw card first week then the results of the previous week will determine where players start the following week. on hold
Monday Night Ladder: Temporary on Hold
- First Session time will be 6:30 to 7:45.
- Second Round will start at 7:45 and run until 9:15 if required.
If you sign up you must be available for both start times.
If you are not currently on the Ladder list and would like to play contact Dennis Carter at email@example.com
How can you purchase draw tickets
Send an e-transfer to Dennis Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a check to
71 Babe’s Way,
Ontario, L4A 0K3
$10.00 gets one draw ticket
$50.00 gets 6 draw tickets
$100.00 gets 13 draw tickets.
Thanks for your support
Socials and Dates for 2020
|Saturday, May 23rd||Opening Day Celebration – Waffle Breakfast – Fruit – Syrup – Whipped Cream Cancelled|
|Wednesday, June 3rd||Soup Social – Best Soup Wins $50, Second $30 and Third Place $20, Bring your own cup – Cancelled|
|Thursday June 18th||Ice Cream Sundae Social –Fruit and Ice Cream provided|
|Saturday, July 4th||Canada Day Birthday – Sandwiches and Strawberry Shortcake – Wear Red and White|
|Friday, July 24th||Stouffville Pickleball Players Annual Summer Theme Dinner and Party
Location Ballantrae Golf and Country Club., Cost $25.00, Must sign up on Whoozin
|Wednesday, August 12th||Pizza Social|
|Saturday, August 29th||Members Tournament, Cost $10.00, Format to be determined|
|Wednesday, September 9th||Dessert or Appetizers Social , members and club contribution|
|Saturday, September 12th||Rain Date for Members Tournament|
|Saturday, September 26th||End of Year BBQ – Burgers, Sausages and Hot dogs|
We are going “Green”. In our fall survey the members decide they would like to be more environmentally friendly, thus we will phasing in the use of one time plates and cutlery. At socials we are asking the members to bring their own plates and cutlery. There will be some plates available for those that forget.
See you on the courts.